East Gippsland acknowledges the Gunaikurnai, Monero and the Bidawel people as the Traditional Custodians of the land that encompasses East Gippsland Shire. We pay our respects to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in East Gippsland, their Elders past and present.



Need some help?

Click Here


Open Hours: 9am-5pm Monday - Thursday

MiCare can assist people with the care finder program across Gippsland. And by accessing the Gippsland Primary Health website, there are other organisations who also provide care finder services . Please visit this website for further information and additional contact details.


Care finders support vulnerable older people who would
not be able to arrange services without intensive support
and do not have a family member or friends who can
Care finder services are provided at no cost as they are
fully funded through Primary Health Networks.
If someone requires this support, then a local organisation can connect them with a dedicated care finder. The care finder will make contact with them. The care finder will ask questions to understand the person’s situation and support them to work through the steps to address their needs.
What help can care finders provide?

At MiCare, we can help with:
•Discussing your current housing situation and needs
•Provide information about suitable housing options
•Lodging specialised housing applications
•Informing you about relevant services that are available in your area
•Referring you to services that can make managing easier
This service is available to those who are:
•Living in the Gippsland Region
•Homeless or at risk of homelessness
•People 65 years and over or 50 years and over for people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
•Prematurely aged people who are 50 years and over or 45 years and over for people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.

Most people who need aged care should call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit myagedcare.gov.au to discuss their needs and arrange an assessment.

If someone would like help to talk to My Aged Care, or to use the website they can go to any Services Australia centre.

There are also Aged Care Specialist officers who give face-to-face help in 70 Services Australia service centres.

Visit Services Australia website to see where these are located or call 1800 227 475.

Other supports and their contact details are;

•Advocacy support – call OPAN on 1800 700 600

•Carer support – call Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737

•National Dementia Helpline 1800 100 500

Map & Directions

<4/21> , <3820>,

Phone 0499885495